The fines are essential binders that maintain the strength and stability of an unpaved surface and help hold the aggregates on the road. Thus, it is important to keep them confined in the perimeter of the road.
In addition to the health problems that excess loose particles can cause such as respiratory diseases, we also cite the safety of road users who have a dangerous reduction in road visibility due to dust clouds. For this and other reasons, the suppression of these powder and free dusts on the unpaved roads ensured a safer and healthier environment.
- Composed basically of sugars, minerals and starches allowing DSMB to bind and harden any loose particule matter, decreasing dust in road surfaces.
- Applicable to a wide range of road and materials;
- Safe to use in a sensitive environmental areas;
- Ecologically correct;
- Non-toxic to vegetation and road users.
- 100% Biodegradable
- It improves the soil resistance to water due to the absence of the hygroscopic effect, thus it offers good performance in humid climate and better still in dry conditions.
- Reduces slippery effect or surfaces with sludge when wet and decrease erosion or ruts when dry.
- So reduces Maintenance Costs due to gaining more stability of the unpaved surface and longer periods between them.
- For dust suppression on an existing unpaved road, it eventually removes excess loose particulate material from the surface layer, at a depth indicated by the technical staff.
- The DSMB® dust suppressor should then be applied to the soil as soon as possible, pre-diluted with water.
- DSMB® is applied with a standard water truck. It is suggested that the water be filled in the truck before adding the DSMB®. This will prevent foaming.
- The next stage is the blend and this can be done simply with the motor grader blade or similar machine. Only superficially.
- Once the soil has been consistently mixed, the material is ready for compaction.